This class is required for all dogs new to agility and all dog/handler teams that are new to GOIA and have not taken a similar course. Dogs registered in this class must have basic obedience skills such as heel, sit, down, stay and come.
This class will focus on:
- handling skills: handler focus, beginning front, blind and rear crosses, directionals, distance work, stays and releases
- motivation skills: including use of targets, toys and treats
- body awareness exercises
This class is for dogs and handlers that have successfully completed Foundation Agility I (Handling). This class will focus on:
- introducing the agility obstacles to both the dog and handler
- independent obstacle performance skills
- continuation of handling skills
For dogs who have successfully completed the Foundation Series Agility Classes. We will focus on:
- building on basic handling skills and obstacle sequencing
- improving dogs obstacle performance skills
For dogs who have successfully completed the Sequencing Agility Class. We will focus on:
- increasing sequecing skill level including contacts and weaves
- improving speed, accuracy and reliability
- how to walk courses and prepare for your run
Dogs must be showing or be ready to show at the equivalent of the AKC Open Level or higher. We will focus on:
- improving teamwork
- handling challenging, multiple obstacle sequences
- moving smoothly and quickly as a team
- Dog/handler focus
Dogs must be competing at the AKC Excellent, USDAA Master or similar levels. Dogs must be able to perform the weave poles inline and unassisted with the handler at a distance. This class is fast-paced and requires a high degree of interest and motivation from both the dog and the handler.
This class focuses on coursework and handling of international style courses. Courses will be inspired by AKC Premeire and ISC courses, USDAA Biathalon and IFCS courses. We will discuss different handling options for the course and practice differnt approaches to help you learn what's best for you and your dog.
Prerequisite: Competing at the Excellent/Masters level
OTHER AGILITY CLASSES
This class is for anyone who wants to have fun with their dog using some of the basic agility equipment. This class is not meant to teach competitive agility but is a way for you and your dog to have some fun, socialize and get some exercise.
This class will focus on competition agility games such as FAST class, Gamblers, Snookers etc.